Monday, August 22, 2005

Happy Birthday to Me!!!

Wow what a weekend. One of Jim's neighbors gave a bday party for me despite the fact Jim and I had given ourselves a joint party at the begining of August. It was really a nice party too. Ron and Donna are such nice people, and Donna's family were all there since they had been in town for Donna's sisters wedding, her brother was in from Los Vegas where he is a professional musician. He gave us a private concert, and we sang and we danced and we ate and we drank. The dance lessons I took a couple of months ago really paid off I wasn't embarrased to shake my 'groove thang'. Jim did embibe a bit much and had to be poured into bed, but since it was only a short walk back up the hill I was able to handle it pretty well. Then Sunday Jim and I just kinda lazed around until about 11:00 then we went out for brunch, and a bit of shopping. First we went to a pawn shop and bought his grandaughter a flute for school, and Jim another 410 shotgun for hunting this Fall, then we went to a jewelry store and he got me a nice diamond pendant on a gold chain. Yes I know he gave me the trip to the spa for my bday but what can I say the man loves to spoil me (but I spoil him back). When we went into the jewelry store he used the subterfuge that he needed a new watch and I should help him choose which one, and I believed him because I knew he did indeed need a watch. After that we were supposed to join Pat and Reesie at the Greek Festival, but it was just too hot and humid to do justice to it so we went back to Jims showered and lazed in the bed watching movies and talking. Which brought us to this morning (my actual bday) when he brought me and the M&M back home on his way into work. Pat and Reesie had a big family dinner for me at their house and he joined us for that and now he is on his way back to Iowa and the treehouse. Such a nice birthday in fact one of the best ever. S

3 Comments:

At 10:18 AM, Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

You're back!!! Yeayyyy!!!

Happy (late) birthday!!! Sorry I missed it!

Glad to hear you had a nice time...so you took dance lessons, huh? I've been trying to get The PK to take lessons with me for years!

Guess I'll just have to go by myself! :)

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Schotzy said...

Thank you hon, I have really missed blogging on a regular basis lately. I seem to be spending all of my time at the treehouse. Which is a good thing, and eventhough Jim has a computer and access to the internet I'm usually to busy with all that is going on to think of getting online. S

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger Schotzy said...

Thank you June. S

 

Post a Comment

<< Home