Wednesday, August 31, 2005

The First Interview

Well yesterday morning after having taken my grandkids to school (in my jammies btw). I came home did the nice relaxing bath and washed my hair. I primped and powdered, perfumed donned my power suit. Printed out my resume' on thick expensive paper I might add. Made sure M&M's water and food dishes were full, jumped in the silver bullet and drove downtown to the County's HR offices. Have I told you how many years it's been since I've been job hunting? It's been well over 25 years and that's no joke. Well I walked into the office and was the only applicant there, so I get the stack of forms and applications from the receptionist sit at the table, pull out my reading glasses and proceed to share my life with these people. After about half an hour I'm finished with that portion of the task turn in my paperwork and now I need to take a typing test. It has been as long since my last typing test as it has been since my last job hunt. So I go into this little room and practice for a couple of minutes to get familiar with the keyboard, and take the test. I amazed myself I gave them twice the words per minute than they required with near perfect accuracy. Then they did the interview. I was calm and poised and made eye contact, asked lots of questions. I got the feeling I made a very good impression BUT it will be 2 weeks from tomorrow before I know anything. S

10 Comments:

At 12:10 PM, Blogger sands of time said...

Sounds like you wowed them schotzy.I find typing on here has increased my typing speed.I think im up to 2 words a minute now.

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Two weeks? How come you have to wait so long? Silly people..they must've known a great thing when they saw it, and snapped you up straight away. 2 weeks gives some other company the chance to snag you.

Sounds like you went through the interview with flying colours. Way to go!

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger Schotzy said...

The were waiting for the posting to expire so they could have all the appplications before they make any decisions. So it is just a wait and see thing, and I kind of knew how to act from the years of being on the other side of the desk. But you never no. There are a lot of young go getters out there looking for jobs too. So I try not to get my hopes up. But thanks for the good wishes. S

 
At 11:49 PM, Blogger mrhaney said...

hello schotzy. how are you doing? thanks for stopping by my blog. i have just added the yahoo messenger with the voice calling. i hooked up my microphone and tried to make a call to some one on my contact list. no one answered. i could use some help on this. if you can help me e-mail me at mrhaneyent@mail2world.com and tell me what to do to get started. i suppose i will have to add you to my contact list and i will need your yahoo id. i will e-mail you mine when i get your e-mail if you would like to give it a try. i suppose if you are on my yahoo contact list i can call your computer and if you are on then you can answer me. well if you would like to try it then send me an e-mail. i will e-mail you back from my yahoo e-mail. thanks. talk to you soon.

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

2 weeks??? Criminy, that's going to seem like forever!

Sounds like you did great...it's nice when interviews (and tests) go well...I mean it's nerve wracking enough to have to do them in the first place! :)

 
At 12:50 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

oh pah to the young go getters. Nothing beats experience and maturity. My money's on you.

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Walker said...

Sounds like you did great. Two weeks is a long time to wait for results thought. I would have no nails left. Ok I have no nails left already.
Have a nice weekend

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger shocking_fish said...

All you can do is hope for the best (by which I mean that you WILL get the job - as they are taken by you style, good looks and sparkeling personality!) and know that you are the best person for the job

SF xxx

 
At 3:39 AM, Blogger jac said...

You got it Shotzy.

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger Schotzy said...

thanks guys with all of you on my side I will have no problem. S

 

Post a Comment

<< Home