Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Back from the long holiday weekend

It was an amazing weekend with Jim and our friends. Full of laughter, lots of good food, yes quite a bit of work thrown in, and just plain having a good time.

Jim took Friday off work so we could really have an extended weekend together, when he stopped by here Thursday evening I was all packed and ready to go. M&M knows the sound of his car pulling up in my driveway now and was all excited when Jim rang the doorbell. He knows that when Jim comes to the door he gets to go so he loves the man probably more than I do.

Thursday evening we just spent time together (Walker does the number 20 ring a bell). Then Friday we were up early to go shopping and had a nice lunch at a nice restaurant, and then Friday evening we went on our first double date with Jim's and now my best friends. The Mineola Steak House in a tiny little Iowa town. You wouldn't believe the atmosphere in this little bar/restaurant. Clint the owner and chef has prime rib as his specialty on Friday and Saturday nights. Cooked to perfection. Clint prides himself on knowing all his clientele and is also an Elvis impersonator. So we got a private concert of Elvis songs (done very well too).

Saturday was another quiet day we didn't go anywhere or do anything exciting but sit and discuss our future combining our households, and so how excited his daughter will be to help with the wedding arrangements how my sons will react and so on. (This won't happen for at least another year btw).

Then Sunday was back to the grindstone for the garage the whole OFA (old farts association) was there, and giant strides were taken in the completion of the garage. They were able to pull the underground cable and attach it to the power supply so now the garage has lights, they also were able to finish the roofing. The exterior of the garage is now complete with the exception of the garage doors. I did the farm wife routine again making a spaghetti dinner for the crew. Then that night Phreddy and Abby gave an impromptu bar b que with all the OFA and there was so much back slapping and joking about the days accomplishments an outsider would have found it sickening.

Monday we were supposed to have joined Pat and Reesie camping but we were rained out they had to pack up early. So Jim and I spent another day just relaxing and visiting with our friends, talking and watching movies.

This morning when Jim brought the M&M and me back home M&M wasn't ready for the weekend to be over, when Jim walked out of the front door M&M was right behind him wanting to get back in the car and go some more. S

6 Comments:

At 2:28 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

What a busy and wonderful weekend you had! I'm really enjoying reading about the progress of your relationship with Jim. Intereresting number that 20 eh? lol

So, seeing as you two are discussing your future and wedding plans and combining households etc, that means you're engaged right? or about to get engaged? perhaps unofficial engaged at the moment.

M&M is too cute, he knows where he wants to be, just as you do lol

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger Schotzy said...

Hi Lisa, yes isn't 20 a magical number? Unofficial is right, we've discussed marriage, and moving in together, but we still want to enjoy what our relationship is right now for a while. and M&M is a 10 pound bundle of personality, demanding, opinionated amd bossy. And you know I will let you and Walker know when there is an official engagement. S

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger Walker said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend and lots of fun. M&M is sold already.LOL
20 doesn't ring a bell for my but I bet you had a catherdal full :D

 
At 9:26 PM, Blogger jac said...

I am new, thanks for your visit, though I couldn't follow my link, I came through June again.
I have no backgroung about you and Jim. I will be to back with my Sherloc Holms mind to scan your archives. Best of Luck with Jim.

 
At 9:30 AM, Blogger sands of time said...

Oh Schotzy it sounds exciting.Possible wedding bells in the future.Im so happy that you and Jim have found each other.

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Schotzy said...

Jac thank you and welcome to my blog I'm sorry but the archives that go back to the begining of Jim's and my relationship have been deleted. So briefly I will say that a few months ago when we first started dating I was very IFFY about letting the relationship procede in this direction, and now I am very glad that I did.

June thank you as well I am so very glad that he has came into my life. Last night when he called and I told him I couldn't stay this weekend with him at the treehouse he again brought up the subject of making an 'honest woman' of me. Wow I never would have thought I would be making wedding plans at my age, especially for me. But you know I will share all of them with you here. S

 

Post a Comment

<< Home