Thursday, September 15, 2005

Real Women

Times they are a changin' and about damned time! ! ! With the release of Hanes ads featuring real sized women it seems that other areas of the media have jumped on the band wagon and are featuring real life sized women in their ads. I'm talking about the size 12 plus kind of gal. The ones that have true curves. The full bodied type. The ones that are the reality of most of us. In the era that I grew up there were the fashion icons such as Twiggy who must have been a size -3 and that ilk. Do you know how that made me feel being a woman that even though not fat was never smaller than a size 10?

Well I'm here to tell you that it made me feel fat. And I spent years thinking there was something wrong with me. With the 'D' cup bras and the round bottom. The media hyping thin, thin, thin. There are millions of women out there thinking the same thing. I'm here to tell you that women are beautiful no matter what size they are. Wether they wear a size 24 Womens or a 0. It is the beauty inside that makes you shine not the fashion industry.

I've worked with these wonderful women that have struggled all of thier lives because they didn't fit into that tiny mold of what fashion said a woman should look like. Watched them torture themselves with unrealistic diets (yes me too) trying to knock off a couple of pounds so they could fit into the current style or a smaller dress size.

Well Fat people of the world celebrate we are in vogue now. S

12 Comments:

At 11:51 AM, Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

i am a real woman too, its nice to see the media using more realistic models instead of an unattainable ideal...

p.s. i've linked you hope thats ok...

:0)

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger Schotzy said...

Of course its 'ok' I'm glad you came to visit. S

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger wondy woman said...

Damn right Girlfriend! Loving the post - Rock on Curves!

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger sands of time said...

Well i so about time too.For yet another real sized woman.

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger Schotzy said...

Wondy and June Rock on. Big is beautiful. Oh yeah babe!!!!

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

YES! I knew it had to happen eventually. Woo hoo!! lol

From one real woman to another..Bravo, love the attitude!

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger Schotzy said...

Like you don't have a little attitude yourself.......LOL Yes it is time. I like your views as well Lisa. S

 
At 6:23 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

Me again...Peanut Queen is looking for ya. She'd like to visit your blog but she doesn't know how to find you. I know I could possibly give her the link, but I thought you might want to do that personally yourself :)

 
At 7:13 AM, Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

(Actually, it was Katya looking for you, Schotzy (it was me who posted the link on my page:)

WOOOOO-WOOOO...it's about DAMN TIME the media get with the "real world women" out there.

I think there's also an advertisement for "Dove" that has real women in it too....I LOVE it.

 
At 7:23 AM, Blogger Schotzy said...

Thanks Lisa and Stacy, Katya found me and linked with my blog.

I actually watched a fashion show using models that were real woman sizes and that inspired the post. But yes I've seen the Dove adds too.

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger mrhaney said...

it is abouttime the media started to learn about the real people out here. i have been waiting for this for years now. they have a lot of beautiful women out here making themselves sick and actually dying trying to get skinny.

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger Walker said...

Its about time the market realised the real woman are not the skinny sicky looking titless women they have walking the runways of their fashon houses.
Real women definitly have curves and are more beautiful.
It's about time the blind saw the light.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home