Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Old folks with young ideas

The weekend was nice as usual, but Jim pinched his sciatic nerve climbing up and down the ladder installing the moisture barrier in the garage, it did slow the pace a bit. So he sat in his easy chair most of the weekend alternating an ice pack and a heating pad for his back. (and yes it was the ladder and not me) We did use those free tickets to the Comedy Club, Ares Spears from Mad TV was the guest entertainer and he was so funny. And because one of our group needed to use the handicap entrance we kinda let the crowd clear out before we left, so were able to meet the comics and talk with them a bit and yes I did get a hug after giving them shit about being so hard on 'white' people. After the show we went for a midnight supper even though it was Sunday night and most of us had to go to work the next day. I stayed an extra day because I'm old and I'm not used to staying up so late, so I slept in and let Jim go to work, with his hurting back I did call the Dr to get him the first available appointment. So now he is on muscle relaxers and pain killers. When we talked last night he had taken them because he was talking really loopy. The puppies were certainly happy to have another day together,

Cheryl and Fred make quite a handsome couple I really hope they get together, they both have such loving and giving personalities. Fred actually looked human after his motorcycle accident of the previous Sunday. He was still feeling battered but was able to hobble about. This was the first time Cheryl had met my friends but she fit in so well anyone seeing the group of us would have thought we'd known each other for years.

6 Comments:

At 7:38 AM, Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Sounds like you had a really good time! :)

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger sands of time said...

I hope Jim's better soon.I know that can be so painful.

 
At 12:10 AM, Blogger Walker said...

Yeah Ladder.
Comedy clubs are great I have been to a couple here and had a blast.
Your group is starting to sound like a match making service LOL.

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Ouch to poor Jim and his sciatic nerve. i pinched mine during childbirth and it hurt like a son of a bitch when trying to change the baby's nappy lol. good to read he got the medical attention he needed.

Good luck to Cheryl and Fred, hope all goes well for them :)

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger jac said...

I am sorry about Jim. My prayers.

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger shocking_fish said...

After reading your commenst on my page - I can send you something to review? If you want to of course

 

Post a Comment

<< Home