Thursday, September 29, 2005

Tuesday's dinner date

Although Jim dropped me off at home on Monday morning as usual, it has gotten to the point the weeks are really long without seeing each other, even though we talk every night on the phone it just isn't the same. So I invited him to dinner Tuesday just so I could see him and it would break up the long week between visits.

I made a simple meal of broiled steaks, baked potatoes and a salad. And we sat and talked the Mighty Mouse wedged himself between us as we sat on the sofa and talked about our plans to move me to his place permanently.

This weekend will be filled with a group date to the local comedy club, I won 8 tickets for Sunday's show, and would you believe there are 4 couples in the OFA?
Well actually 3 couples and one batchelor but I am introducing him to Jamie's GF's Mom.

Have I told you that Jim hasn't any decorating sense at all? He has this gorgeous house and not a clue how to make it beautiful. Well now he has me, and this weekend I will choose the paint colors for each room of the house, keeping in mind that it can't be completely girlie and frilly. We have decided we will go with my bedroom furniture, and my living room furniture, keeping his dining room furniture. The family room we will choose the furniture together going with a TV/library/media room with an English gentleman's library feel to it. He already has his son and daughter going through their mothers things taking what they want. I have already allowed my sons to have all their dad's things they wanted and donated the rest to the homeless shelter.

My son Bobby will be home again next weekend hopefully his job won't take him away for any length of time any time soon. I know his kids miss him terribly. I am taking his son Quez with me to Jim's this weekend so he and Jim's grandson Zack can spend time together. They are looking forward to that.

Well I have to run right now I might post again later today. S

5 Comments:

At 2:24 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Everything sounds like it's coming together so beautifully for the two of you. It's great to read S.

I love to have the opportunity to redecorate somebody else's house (I think mine is beyond that now lol). Course, I'd be hopeless at it, but I'd still love to try anyway lol

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger sands of time said...

It just sounds so perfect.I hope we get to see some pics when you decorate.I like seeing what people do with their homes.

 
At 7:22 AM, Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Sounds like you're in for a wonderful weekend! Good for you! :)

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger Walker said...

Sounds like things are moving fast and smoothly.
Your picking the colors eh!
I hope Jim likes pink and fusha lol
As I have been reading your courtship I can't help but think how perfect this is and I can understand how being apart during the week can be frustrating.
Have a nice weekend

 
At 6:54 PM, Blogger jac said...

Why don't you share a pic after you work on the house interiors ?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home