Thursday, September 22, 2005

Second Interview

Well guys I know I thought I was out of the running for the position I applied for, BUT, guess what? I got a call yesterday from the director of the hospital that has the open position for an interview. She asked when would be a good time for me to come in, I replied the first available time slot, which happened to be this morning at 11.

I started preparing for this meeting last night by taking one of those nice long relaxing baths, manicure, pedicure and so on. I chose the suit to wear and made sure I had all the appropriate accessories for the suit, shoes, purse, jewelry. This morning I woke early took my shower, coiffed my hair, took special care of the makeup, donned the suit, and at 10:30 jumped in the silver bullet and away I went.

I arrived a few minutes before the appointment just to be sure I went to the right place, (it's only a 10 minute drive from my house, which is very good). I walked around for a few minutes to get familiar with the territory and knocked on Ingred's door 5 minutes before the scheduled time. She seemed to be impressed with the punctuality. We shook hands and went into her office.

She began by explaining what the position entailed. How this being a county hospital, and this the pharmaceutical department how the job would be assisting people with the forms required for Medicaid, assisting the pharmacists and reporting directly to her. Then she proceeded to start asking me all kinds of questions using hypothetical situations, and how I would respond. I got the impression she wanted to offer me the job then and there, BUT she has several more interviews the rest of today and tomorrow. She did tell me she would make the decision no later than Monday.

So eventhough I thought it was a done deal apparently it isn't so keep sending me those positive thoughts, please.

12 Comments:

At 12:37 PM, Blogger wondy woman said...

Oh Yes I knew Schotz! Good luck darling like you need luck but you can have it anyway!

You utterly rock my friend!

Wondy x

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger Schotzy said...

Thanks Sweetie, you know I'm a big fan of the Wondy Woman as well. S

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger Walker said...

Fingers crossed and rubbing cat's butt for luck.

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger Schotzy said...

Thanks Walker, you are a friend indeed. S

 
At 8:48 PM, Blogger jac said...

I have woodoo powers, so you can have all luck coming your way. I am African you know ?

 
At 11:46 PM, Blogger Don said...

Hi, Schotzy!

I had to stop by and say hello. I'd wish you good luck, but I don't think you need it.

Best wishes.

 
At 12:06 AM, Blogger mrhaney said...

well things are sounding promising. i will say a prayer that you get it. have a good day.
mrhaney

 
At 7:24 AM, Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Good for you, Schotzy!!!

I'll have my fingers crossed for you! :)

 
At 7:25 AM, Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

positive thoughts aplenty coming from across the ocean...and i'm crossing everything possible for you

good luck

have a great weekend

:0)

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger sands of time said...

Good luck i know you'll get it schotzy.

 
At 1:22 PM, Blogger Schotzy said...

Thank you everyone for your prayers, good wishes, support, caring, and for just being damned good friends. (((((hugs))))) S

 
At 3:21 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

Woo hooo! It's all sound pretty positive to me. Best of luck Schotzy! Thinking of you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home