Monday, September 26, 2005

Perpetual Motion

Oh My God, things have been moving so fast since my last post I don't know where to begin. I'm still waiting to hear back from the job interview, I should know something one way or the other from that. But that isn't the only thing. I'm selling my rental property getting ready for the move in with Jim. I have 2 offers to buy that and will go with the best offer.

Jim met my oldest son Jamie for the first time Saturday. Now Jamie has been talking with my other sons Bobby and Pat, and has only been hearing good things from them, and has questioned me repeatedly on how any group of people could be that nice in this day and age. So when he came into town this weekend I invited Jim over and made a nice dinner for the 4 (Jamie's GF too) of us. After dinner we were sitting in the living room and Jamie volunteered to serve coffee and desert. He is in the kitchen and calls to me
"Mom, could you come here for a minute?"
I answer "yes, I'll be right there."
I walk into the kitchen and he bends down and whispers into my ear "OK Mom he is as nice as everyone says he is and you have my permission to date him." I laugh out loud and he gives me a hug and a kiss on the cheek and tells me he loves me.

After dinner Jim puts my bags in the car and we drive out to his place for the remainder of the weekend. Plans are moving forward on that front as well. We have decided that as soon as his garage is finished and he can move his tools and things out of the house into the garage to make room for my things I will be moving out there. Which should be by Thanksgiving.

Jim and I have fallen into a routine that when he gets off work on Friday he swings by here and I go home with him for the weekend, but since Jamie was in this weekend we changed those plans around a bit, now Mighty Mouse my dog and Hunter Jim's dog have gotten used to this routine. So Friday M&M is expecting Jim to come get us and Hunter is expecting me to be there when Jim gets home from work. Would you believe that when this doesn't happen on schedule that the 2 dogs pout? M&M mopes around all Friday evening, and so does Hunter. When we get there Saturday evening Hunter is still pouting and it is at least an hour before he gives me the love he normally greets me with. Jim and I thought this was so funny.

Sunday Jim's daughter Deb and her husband invited us to dinner, she and her husband and children are excited to have me out there on a permanent basis. Now I know that I only write about the fun and mild adventures that we have on the weekends. That I never write about any misunderstandings or arguments. That is because none of this as of yet has happened, and it scares the bejeezus out of me. Jim and I have discussed our lack of conflict too, and have come to the conclusion that because of our long marriages that both lasted for 34 years, we have learned the art of compromise, we know that if there is a difference of opinion all we need do is discuss the situation and we can resolve any issue that comes up. Because we are different people inspite of having so very many things in common and because we love and respect each other so very much we both are willing to work out a solution that is pleasing to both of us. We both know and appreciate that being intimate is more then sexual activity, sharing a laugh, sharing pain, just sharing our lives.

I received a call from the nursing home last week about my mother. She is doing very well right at this moment. But because of her health issues (alzheimers, heart failure) the quality of her life is not good. I have talked with my brother and sister and we have agreed that should she have another episode of heart failure that we don't want the medical staff to use extreme invasive procedures to prolong her life that we should just let her go in peace. Since I am the power of attorney for my mom I need to go into the nursing home to sign the papers giving the medical staff this instruction. Jim will go with me to do this.

Another thing we have discussed is we have both lost a spouse and that one day one of us will loose the other, and it is hard for us to make the decision to marry because of this. I pointed out to him that at this stage of our relationship that is going to happen any way whether we marry or not, because we are in each others life, and we are not going to separate eventually one of us will loose the other and regardless of being married or not it will be the same loss. So Guys expect a wedding about this time next year.


(((((HUGS)))))

S

11 Comments:

At 1:45 PM, Blogger wondy woman said...

Oooh Congratulations Schotz - you sound so happy! I am so happy for you! Can I come out to the wedding?! I'll wear a really smart outfit and hat!

Honestly that is the best news lately! I agree with what you say, whether or not you get married, if you lose him or he loses you, it won't change the way you feel. Think about now I say and cross that bridge when you get to it!

Sorry about your mum, but you sound like you have made the right decision. Rocker's grandmother is suffering from Altzeimer's seriously now and it is so sad and affects everyone.

Well, CONGRATULATIONS again darling!

Love Wondy x

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger sands of time said...

Oh Wow congrats.
You must be so excited
Hugs and Kisses

 
At 9:24 PM, Blogger Schotzy said...

Wondy you know I will send you an invitation, and you are more than welcome to attend, you can even be a member of the wedding party if you like. And alzheimers is such a cruel desease (not that all aren't) but it steals the memories and takes the person away before the body decides to give up.

June thank you so very much. Hugs and kisses to both of you. S

 
At 11:23 PM, Blogger Don said...

I am so happy that things are going so well for you.

Congratulations to you both.

I am so jealous! ;+)

 
At 4:34 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

How wonderful that everyone is feeling so good about the two of you getting together.
I'm so happy for you both.

How funny that the dogs were pouting like that. And I thought it was us that didn't cope with change too well lol

Congratulations Schotzy...that's fantastic news!

xx

 
At 7:14 AM, Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Congrats, Schotzy...that's awesome news! (and I'm so glad Jamie approves!;)

My dog, Jezebel, pouts when she doesn't get to go "bye-bye" with me and The PK on Friday evening too (when we go to get take-out).

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Schotzy said...

Don there is no reason to be jealous, you are living your dream, and everyone doesn't get to do that.

Thanks Lisa it does seem kinda like a fairy tale dosen't it? And these 2 dogs, are the epitome of personality. ((((HUGS)))) to both of you S

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

ooh can i buy a new hat...congrats

btw i'm moving my blog from tomorrow to

www.coldheartchronicles.blogspot.com

:0)

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger jac said...

Your happiness is evident Schotzy !!!! Congrats !!!

 
At 12:13 AM, Blogger Walker said...

Everything is coming up roses and we know how sweet they smell. Does Jim understand about you may wanting to paint the house pink LOL
I am happy for you and we will be waiting in a years time for the wedding photos.
:D

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger mrhaney said...

well congrats on your plans for a wedding. i hope every thing goes fabulous.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home