Thursday, October 13, 2005

Knife of Dreams

Wow I just finished listening to the new Robert Jordan book 'Knife of Dreams'. It was sooooooo good. I've only been addicted to this story (The Wheel of Time) for 15 years or so. And after 11 books Jordan says he can complete the story in just one more book. I bought the audio book and a hard cover copy of the book Tuesday, and started listening to it in the truck while I was out and about. The only time I wasn't listening to the story was the time I was sleeping and believe me I had a CD in playing when I turned off the lights. But alas I finished the last CD today and I will start reading the book to pick up the things I missed. And then it will be at least 2 more years until my next fix. But I must say this was a very satisfying segment of the story, He completed and progressed so many of the plots and sub plots. I love that man he has such a talent for telling a story. No wonder his books hit the New York Times best seller list the first week one of his books are released.

I know you haven't heard much from me for several days, besides the book release on Tuesday, the transmission went out on my truck, and of course the warranty had expired. So that was $2200 I hadn't budgeted for. There have been so many of those little things going on in my life I just didn't feel much like blogging. But I have the truck back and I am going to drive out to Jim's tomorrow morning for a long weekend away from here. He has taken tomorrow off to have an extra full day of working on the garage so it will be ready for the Halloween party.

We finally got the last of my things out of storage and so now my house is so full of things I barely have a path through the rooms until I get the guest room set up, I have a bed frame and mattress and box springs and the armoire and boxes and boxes and shelves and the things that go on the bed and in the drawers and on the shelves and tables all over the living room and dining room and the hall everywhere except where they should be. Yes I know I'm moving to Jim's house but I have worked and waited on these changes for so long that I at least want everything in place to see it before I pack it up. My son Jamie and his girl friend Kendra will be taking over this house when I move.

Jim's back is so much better now but he is still on the muscle relaxers and the non prescription pain relievers, I just hope he doesn't aggravate it trying to get his project completely finished for the Halloween party, he has promised me he won't over do. But we'll see.

9 Comments:

At 7:22 AM, Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Gotta watch these men when it comes to being in pain or hurting themselves. All that macho "I can do it!!!" crap sometimes gets in the way! :)

Well, at least things seem to be progressing well with everything (sorry to hear about your transmission though...that sucks!)

And I know EXACTLY what you mean about having to wait for the next book in a series to come out....I HATE the wait...it drives me crazy! :)

Well, hope you have a wonderful weekend! :)

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger sands of time said...

I hope you can show us a pic of how it looks before you pack up and move in with Jim.
Sorry to hear about your truck.I hate it when that happens.
Have a great weekend.

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Glad to hear that Jim's back is feeling better. Sorry to read about your truck transmission, that stinks...don't think anyone would've had the foresight to budget that large a contingency.

Don't be tripping over any of that stuff in your house and injuring yourself now will you??

 
At 2:17 AM, Blogger jac said...

I am amazed at your planning and preperations. You deserve it !!

 
At 6:10 AM, Blogger wondy woman said...

Hello love have missed you!

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger mrhaney said...

i hate to even thimk about moving some where. i would rather take a beating i think. good luck though. have a good day.

 
At 7:51 AM, Blogger Schotzy said...

Thanks Guys, I really do intend to post some pics of the house when I'm finished.

Jim has actually gotten all of the heavy stuff finished with the garage now. So hopefully that will be the end of the back problems.

(((((HUGS))))) S

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger jac said...

No updates ?

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger Walker said...

Ok I know I commented on this unless I am going bonkers.
Lets see I said something like
WHAT!!!!!!!! $2200
I'm sticking to walking.
Good to hear Jim's better>
Now don't hurt him again.... Oh that's right it wasn't you "wink"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home