Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Sleep? What is Sleep?

Alone time yes Walker we do get alone time, if you don't count the 2 dogs and cat that follows us every step we take. A lot of this alone time is spent making lists and Christmas shopping, wrapping the presents, decorating, and then planning the holiday festivities. We have had a joint family meeting, and have decided to have the Big Family Christmas dinner and gift exchange on Christmas Eve at Deb and Gerry's house, (and this will rotate each year). Then on Christmas day Jim and I will have a Family brunch for all the loved ones. The rest of the day each family can enjoy with their own little group.

Jeez I never knew combining households was such a pain in the ass. When Nate and I married he had an apartment and I just brought my clothes I had nothing else. Now I have/had a house full of furniture and lifes accumulation of stuff as well as Jim. The furniture was relatively easy since Jims house is very nice but his furniture left a lot to be desired. It's the other stuff that is the problems or should I say the opportunity to compromise. Such as star versus angel to top the Christmas tree. Needless to say there have been a plethora of compromise points. But we have managed to survive them without loosing our temper.

Okay Guys here is the big news Jim and I are shopping for the engagement ring this weekend. You knew it would happen didn't you? ((((HUGS)))) S

6 Comments:

At 5:29 PM, Blogger Walker said...

Yayyyyyyyyy
Big ROCK!!!!!!!!
With lots of "Bling"

I remember when my ex moved into my house.
All her stuff was everywhere and anywhere when it was all brought in.
She sat there crying in a corner for hours.
I told her everything will fit once we found a home for it.
I know when it is all together in Jims house it will look cluttered but trust me when it finds it final place there will be more than enough room.
Now dont for get the pickture of the rock when you get it. :)

 
At 7:03 AM, Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

YAY!!! An engagement ring!!! You GO GIRL!!! ;)

Congrats! :)

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger sands of time said...

Yes im soooo happy for you.
You deserve every happiness.
Hugs june
xxxxxxxxxx

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger jac said...

Congrats girl !!!
Wow! An engagement ring ????
Hugs.

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger wondy woman said...

Yeah go for the biggest rock you can find, you deserve it! But I guess Jim already knows this!!

Congrats!
\
All my love, wondy x x x

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger mrhaney said...

i know all the women are saying , get the biggest ring you can. it would be nice if you could take the money you are going to spend and put it in some kind of savings plan and forget about it and later go one a nice vacation. i know, there is probably no chance of that happening. well have a great day and merry xmas.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home