Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Home

My new grandaughter came home from the hospital last week. I want you to know she is the most beautiful little miniperson I've ever seen in my life. She now weighs 5 lbs. But she has never been scrawny like so many premmies are. She is perfectly proportioned and has a head full of beautiful black hair. Blue/gray eyes. Her little lips are turned up at the corners in a perpetual smile. When you hold her she just snuggles into you like she never wants to leave the protection and warmth of your love. Jamie and Kendra had her wrapped in the blanket I crochetted for her. Which was the first she was swaddled in when she was allowed to have her own things at the hospital. This little princess already has a kingdom to command with her daddy and uncles paying homage to her. Not to mention a grandpa who refused to share the snuggles and 2 canines that poised themselves on either side of her and would not let anyone get close without approval of the grandpa. Mighty Mouse wouldn't even let his buddy Hunter get closer than Jim's feet. He would snarl and warn him to back off. Jamie who has never liked the M&M said "I think I'm starting to like that dog now. "

Jim and I will be going to my families reunion this coming weekend. He has already met my sister but now he gets to meet my brother and cousins and nieces and nephews and so on. He and my brother not only share their first name but also the same birthday. (isn't that strange?) Just another of those coincidences that riddle us. ((((hugs)))) S

2 Comments:

At 3:56 PM, Blogger sands of time said...

It must such a joy to have your grandaughter home and well.

http://pinklady.typepad.com/

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger Walker said...

YaYYYYYY
You must be all smiles with the new grand daughter. One more to squeeze and cuddle for you.
Dogs do get protective. Sammy would sleep at the foot of the crib when my daughter was born and the cats knew better than to enter the no cat zone which move constantly depending on the location of my daughter.
Have a nice weekend

 

Post a Comment

<< Home