Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Reunion

We just got back home last night and boy were we tired. But it was a wonderful weekend. Brother Jim and Jim bonded as I knew they would. They not only share the same first name and birthday but they also have Vietnam in common. (not to mention their love for me) Saturday my Jimbos spent the day fishing while my sister and I went shopping. Then Sunday it was the family reunion. I saw cousins I hadn't seen in so many years it scares me to even type the number. I wasn't there 10 minutes when I hear someone screaming my name and hobbling up to me crying and hugging me. It was my Aunt Helen, she and my Mom are the only ones left of their generation, and it was so good seeing her again. Then Vicky was there Vicky was my very first best friend. I mentioned this to her and she said 'You have always been my only best friend'. When Vicky and I were growing up we became a family legend with our exploits. There were songs sang of our shenanigans. When she met my Jim the first thing out of her mouth was 'you better be good to her'. Then she asked what my boys thought of him and when I told her she looked at Jim and said 'Well I guess you're halfway there'. But my Jimbo fit in with all the rest of the rednecks and we talked and ate and shot the BS for many hours. Next Sunday we do a repeat performance at Jim's family reunion. ((((HUGS)))) S

3 Comments:

At 11:41 AM, Blogger sands of time said...

Its so nice he fitted right in.Lovely for you as well to meet up with all your family.

http://pinklady.typepad.com/

 
At 5:58 PM, Blogger Walker said...

its nice to see all the lonks ion your chain getting along together tightening your bond :)

 
At 12:05 AM, Blogger mrhaney said...

sounds like you had a great time. i was born in massachusetts and left home when i was 18 years old. i still only have one good friend in my home state and he is the only one i visit when i go visit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home